Quilt Class Supply List
- Check with your teacher to find out if you need a specialty sewing machine needle or foot.A sewing machine in good working order complete with power cord and foot pedal, extra pre-wound bobbins, extra machine needles, 1/4" foot and walking foot if you have one.+-
- Basic sewing kit: extra thread (gray is a good neutral color), pins, scissors or snips, seam ripper, tape measure, sewing gauge, hand sewing needles (between in size 9 or 10 are usually good), needle threader, thimble, wonder clips, fabric marking pencil, paper marking pencil or pen, paper for note-taking, paper lunch bag
- Rotary cutter, extra blade, ruler, your favorite ruler(s).
- Pillow to sit on, bottle of water, and chocolate.
- Don't forget your glasses!
- Last but most important - bring an open mind and a willingness to learn something new.
Additional items for retreat classes
- Bring extra fabric. Don't limit yourself to the fabric for the project. You may make a miscut, or you may see a new technique or idea that you want to try.
- Extra rulers in case yours breaks, or you want to try something new. Bring at least one long one and one square one.
- Bring an extra sewing machine if you have one, but not necessary.
- Bring extra clothes in case you get snowed in.
- Put your car keys on a lanyard and don't forget where you put them.
- Wine, chocolate or other gift for the hostess (or just to share.)