How to know you are living in 2010
How many times have you written 2012 on your checks? Just in case you aren't sure, here is how to know you are living in 2013:
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it. (Fran E-mailed to tell me that she once fell while outside and her cell phone enabled her to call for help. A good reason to go back for it!)
7. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
8. You have ever called your cell phone to find your purse.
10. You have tried to open your front door with your car remote.
11. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
12. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
13. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually looked to see that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
16. You don't have real recipe card, they are all on line.
17. You don't get real pictures of your grandkids- you have to go get them printed myself. (The last two are from Chris, who asks: "What happens when the battery chargers die for this generation?")
18. You can't find your glasses and go to the fridge to get something else. You find your glasses inside and are so excited, you forgot why you looked in the fridge to begin with!! (from Rita)
19. You forget what state you are living in now, so when you look out the window, you are surprised to see snow! (from Karen)
20. You hear someone out in your yard or garage at night and instead of calling police first, you hit the panic button on your key fob which sets off that LOUD alarm to scare the burglar away or at least running out into the street! (from Ruth)
21. You and your husband still sit side by side - each on their own computer. (from Judy)
22. You find yourself swiping all kinds of doors (not at work) with your work badge (from Mary)
23. Your kids tell you how proud they are of you - because you now know how to do your banking online (from Sandi)
24. Every kid you see has strings hanging out of their ears (from ipods, MP3 players, etc.) (from Artimesia)
25. You try to answer the remote when the phone rings or point the phone at the TV and wonder why the channels don't change. (from Delores)
26. You look for the remote to rewind the radio in the car (like you do the DVR all the time!) so you can make sure you heard that right (whatever it might be!)
37. You ask your teen-ager to fold up the table like an ironing board and they ask what's an" ironing board" (from Nancy)
If you have something to add to the list, send me a note and tell me!